We are currently seeking a self-motivated, enthusiastic and reliable full-time apprentice for our Leominster, MA location.
About the role
We are currently looking for a full-time apprentice to join our team. Ideally, this position will grow into a conversion specialist role.
Applicants must have experience working with hand tools, power tools (circular saw, table saw, drill press, grinders, etc.) and other various equipment. A broad mechanical and electrical knowledge, an acute attention to detail, and positive attitude are required. Vanlife Customs has a fun work atmosphere, unique company culture, and we are prepared to train and invest in our staff.
What we are looking for in a job candidate, for starters
- Work Monday through Friday 8ish to 4ish, with occasional long or short days, and the occasional weekend stint and surprise day off
- Must possess a mechanical aptitude.
- Self-starter – takes initiative, self-directed (we aim to give you the appropriate amount of autonomy and support so you will thrive)
- Maintain a safe, clean, and tidy work space
- Must be able to follow directions, working independently or as a team.
- Strong positive attitude; inspiration to co-workers and customers; team player. Take pride in your work and craft.
- Maintain a safe, clean, and tidy work space.
- Project a friendly, kind, and positive attitude; No one likes to work with unpleasant people.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Installing exterior accessories (ladders, awnings, roof racks, bumpers, cross bars, etc.)
- Upholstering wall and door panels
- Cut and install insulation
- Rough wiring installation
- Assist in paint and wood finishing duties
- Maintain and source inventory
- Clean, prep, and test overall systems for final delivery
- Vehicle Detailing for final delivery
- Daily Errands
- Shop Cleaning and maintenance
- Assist Conversion Technician with vehicle conversion duties
- Additional shop duties as directed
Experience profile of the competitive candidate
- 1+ Years of general building experience, including formal training.
- Comfortable designing with and coordinating manufactured products (cabinet hardware, appliances, electrical equipment, etc.).
- Experience fabricating with wood and metal components (cabinets, frames, etc).
- Basic understanding of woodworking and metal finishing techniques.
- Basic knowledge of building materials and finishes (plywood, dimensional lumber, aluminum, steel sections, high-pressure laminate, vinyl, tile, etc)
- A Passion to learn and develop new skills in an active and fun setting.
- General construction practices
- Experience working with hand tools and power tools (circular saw, table saw, drill press, grinders, etc.)
- Safely operate a table saw, circular saw, cut-off wheel, chop saw, pneumatic air nailer, and other general shop tools
- Basic understanding of woodworking finishing techniques.
- A basic understanding of computers
- Welding and metal fabrication knowledge a plus
- Ability to lift heavy objects 75 lbs+ occasionally, stand, squat, and lay down to complete required tasks.
Job Type: Full time
Experience: General building 1+ years
Job Location: Leominster, MA
Nirvana Upfitters is a rapidly growing enterprise in an emerging high growth market of recreational vehicles. We look for employees who will thrive in such an environment.
For consideration please send resume, cover letter, and photos of relevant projects/builds to firstname.lastname@example.org